Assignment #6- 5 Ideas & Chapter Outlines
June 26, 2010 Leave a comment
Read Finding the Killer Idea by Tom Hyman. Make a list of 5 ideas that excite you then take one of those ideas and expand on it by creating an outline where you would want to take the story.
1. A series of books about angels that are sent to guard humans while overcoming personal battles.
2. Rewriting/drawing the comic Rachel & I started 11 years ago about a group of teenage girls who use runes to fight magical battles.
3. A series of books based on a card game that chooses a handful of humans to compete for demi-godhood.
4. A rewrite of the story of Beauty and the Beast where it is a family curse passed down from father to son.
5. A werewolf fiction involving a seventh human child as the main character, set in modern-day.
Ch1: Archangel Gabriel learns he is being demoted to guardian status because he’s become too prideful over the years.
Ch2: Taking human form, he saves his charge, Delphine LeFleur and is injured in the process.
Ch3: He pretends to be unable to remember who he is and his charge visits him in the hospital.
Ch4: Delphine welcomes him to her home where she lives with her brother.
Ch5: Gabriel discovers a demon in her pet and fails to exorcise it because he hasn’t redeemed himself enough to gain back the ability.
Ch6: He manages to prevent the demon from harming the woman, but soon has to deal with more.
Ch7: He becomes aware that his charge has been targeted for possession but can only keep them at a distance.
Ch8: Delphine invites him to join her on her weekly charity outings in hopes that he’ll remember something.
Ch9: She spends the next day with Gabriel at home where he learns more about her.
Ch10: A high-ranking demon tries to seduce her while Gabriel is summoned away.
Ch11: He’s torn by his budding feelings for his charge and his duty to guard her and regain favor with God.
Ch12: He has to reveal his true nature to his charge in order to protect her from an attack by one of the demons.
Ch13: After dispatching the rest of the demons, Gabriel explains everything to Delphine.
Ch14: Gabriel receives a summons back to heaven to resume his original position as archangel messenger.