The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
September 9, 2012 Leave a comment
I was hit! Ah! Hehehe! I was recently nominated for the very inspiring blogger award by a blogger named Neil. Why? I don’t know. All I’ve ever done on my blog is either talk about mundane things that are pertinent to my life, but perhaps wouldn’t mean much to anyone else. Sometimes I’ll write a review of a book, or coffee, or tea. Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I write a bit of a story here and there, then I put a password on it so only those I trust can read it. Still, I hop onto the dashboard and see that people are visiting the site, and reading what I’ve written. When the number of people reaches beyond the number of my closest friends, I feel a bit amazed. And then I’m given this award, which may not be as prestigious as a Pulitzer, but was touching none the less because there is, I’m sure a number of people that he could have chosen, and yet he chose me. Thank you Neil! Now to send this on to other’s that help to inspire me in their own way!
Now, the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Things About Me:
- I cry when I watch even the most remotely emotional commercial, ask Rae. It’s gotten worse with each pregnancy, but though I get embarrassed when my husband or my best friend teases me about it, I’d rather feel too much, than too little.
- My favorite number is 3 because it was the original magic number. It makes sense to me, everything seems to come in threes like pregnant women, bad news, etc.
- I love Ladybugs, in fact my favorite color pairing has to be red and black, which I wore a lot of when I was younger, thus one of my pet names became Ladybug. My husband even had a Ladybug theme this year for my birthday present, and I loved it!
- I may not mention them a lot, but I love my husband and our two and a half children. The half by the way, is my step-daughter who I love just as much as her brothers!
- I devour books if I love them and have had the ability to read since before I started attending school (if my mom can be believed, I was reading at 2 and teaching my older sister) but if I hate a book, or it is particularly awful it will take me forever to read, and sometimes gives me a terrible headache. It’s only happened once, but that was because I knew the author, and I held out a hope that there would be something redeeming in the story…there wasn’t.
- My writing takes time because I’m constantly editing my own work while I write it, a very bad habit I’m trying to get out of. I even went back before finishing that sentence and added something to the middle…just now!
- I didn’t have the most ideal childhoods, far from it, but I no longer let it hold me back.
Nominate 15 Bloggers…
First and foremost I would like to say, I may not be able to come up with 15 since I don’t follow that many…at least I don’t think I do, but I’ll try…I’ll really try! For those of you I mention, you all really do inspire me and my writing. I read your posts, eventually, and they move me. Nuff said! Also, if you’re too busy, or have been given the award before, I will not be hurt if you don’t continue it on. I just wanted you all to know that you’re seen, and even though most of us may never meet in person, my heart aches and laughs with you!
Eh! Well there ya go!
*Update* It’s amazing how quickly WordPress starts thinking you’re a spamer! LOL Those that haven’t been notified will be tomorow! This is just taking me too long and I have other things I’d like to really do!