Random ‘Award’ (I swear, it’s the last chain I’ll ever do!)
December 7, 2012 4 Comments
I was ‘nominated’ for a Liebster ‘Award’, and though my initial reaction is just to ignore this one, it was sent by a personal friend. A warning to everyone else that think they can send these things to me from now on…I will ignore all future ‘nominations’ till the end of time…just saying, I hate chain lett-I mean ‘Award Nominations’…
RULES FOR ALL NOMINEES
1) You must thank the person who gave you this award
2) You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
3) You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 subscribers
4) Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5) Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6) Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7) Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post
8) And no tag backs (the point is to try and highlight new bloggers so let’s spread the support )
Steps 1 and 2
First I would like to thank Polly for nominating my blog. You can also find her here. I appreciate you thinking of me, even if I find these things annoying. More readers don’t hurt. I’m pretty eclectic in how often I post, though. One good thing came of this though, I figured out how to put the badges on my sidebar! Yay!
I “nominate” Rose Not sure how many followers she’s got, but if I go by her Facebook, she qualifies…Check out her blog, definitely!
Robotic Rhetoric who puts out a nice mix of Blog, poetry and prose that you might be interested in checking out as well.
And Niel who obviously has been nominated for so many of these awards, and who gave me my first one! Thanks again Niel! His posts are best served with a nice warm cup of joe!
Eleven things about me…again…
- I’m now in my thirties and wondering where the time went…I don’t feel thirty really. I feel like me in an older body.
- I do use real-life inspiration for a lot of my work, but it’s like painting, I take a piece here, a little red there, some glitter there, and I make something else entirely. I may take inspiration from real people to create my characters, and the main characters can be heavily influenced by the human I know most…me, but that isn’t to say that my characters are those people. There is a point where they do take on their own life, apart from their original imaginings, and that is when they take me on a journey with them!
- I really don’t understand the point of these “tell us eleven things about you!” I’d prefer to have the questions that follow…even eighteen interview questions would be preferable to pulling crap out of my…well you get the picture.
- Eventually I start writing random crap in these things because I believe they tell just as much about me as the boring stats in my life.
- I like to drink coffee…I’m not fanatical, and I don’t post a billion Facebook pictures about my love of it, but it’s been in my life for about twenty years now, so I’d say we’re pretty good friends…
- I also like to listen to music when I’m creating. Doesn’t matter what type of creative process I’m in; writing, arranging, drawing or painting. I’m even listening to music now, and it’s made me more productive than I was when I just had Star Wars in the background on TV. Depending on what I”m doing, my music ranges from a playlist, to mostly Synth music (Techno, trance, dub step, electronica, dance mixes, etc…)
- I’m also a lover of books. Currently I’m reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and I like it!
- Until I was in my late teens, I used to bite my nails down to the quick. No kidding, I’d make them bleed. Now, I’m a huge girly girl. “DAmnit! I broke a nail!!!” I had to recently cut them all down really short because I broke both middle finger nails really bad…sigh!
- I’m currently interested in corsets. I’ve made one by myself, and though it’s nice for a first, I want to make a better one, and another one and another one! Eventually I want to have a wardrobe of everyday corsets for underwear and outerwear!
- I’m a cat lover, and we recently took in a cute little kitten. My boys’ first! They’re learning that kittens have claws, and male cats can be pretty psycho!
- I’m the Cat’s favorite btw! ^^
Questions from Polly
1.)What is your main inspiration for writing your blog?
I started this blog as part of joining the Rough Writers’ support group. We may not have meetings anymore, but I still keep their blog links up in case anyone continues to blog like I do.
2.)Do you have a personal favorite post that you have written? If so what is it and why? Please send a link for it in case I have missed one.
I think each one of my posts can have their own merit. My most popular one seems to be Plumbob: The Making, but if I had to pick a post that I wanted to show to the first-time-visitor to my page it would be This One. I like it the most (at the moment anyway) because it’s a pleasant stroll down memory lane. It’s a little sampling of the types of stories that go through my head and have been going through my head since six years old (Cindi would remember the first story mentioned, and no, I will not be making an adult reboot of that one!)
3.)Who is your favorite actor?
I have to pick one??? I refuse to pick just one! I love Sandra Bullock movies, my first Celebrity Crush was Mark Hamill, and a current actor that I have yet to say was bad in any of his movies…and has yet to not be sexy is Brad Pitt!
4.) What is your favorite book?
Again, you want me to choose just one, and I wish you wouldn’t! I love all the Sailor Moon Mangas (Comic books are still books) and the Princess Bride as well, but for a good steamy and action filled read I would suggest Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton!
5.)What is your favorite movie?
Earth Girls are Easy (Jeff Goldblum…Yum!) The Princess Bride (As you wish Wesley!) and Return of the Jedi (Mmmm…Luke…)
6.) What is your guilty pleasure?
Facebook Stalking…I love it!
7.) What is your favorite season?
Summer, because the boy is home to drive us all nuts, and there’s a better chance of a family trip, and if not, playing in the water is nice!
8.) Noticed that she didn’t have any more questions beyond 7 so I’m going to answer some of my questions for you all…*3* The craziest thing I did growing up was cross a fully flooded street in the middle of a rainstorm. It was up to my thighs and I nearly lost my footing…but God, what a rush!
9.)*2* I can tolerate the others, and even grow attatched to them, but in general I’m a Cat person. Seriously. I meow sometimes when my husband …well that’s private!
10.) *7* I love Ladybugs…and have ever since my sister’s friend Natalia nicknamed me Ladybug…why did she call me that, you may ask? I had a tendency to dress in Black and red from head to toe (Black hat, red shirt, black shorts, red tights, black shoes and socks.)
11.)*4* My kids are just as crazy and weird as I am…and I couldn’t be prouder!
- What inspires you in general?
- Cats, Dogs, Other, or None of the above?
- What’s the Craziest thing you ever did growing up?
- What is the one trait of yours you’d like to see your children inherit, or if you have kids, what trait do you think they inherited the most?
- What is the weirdest dream you ever had?
- Who was Your first Celebrity Crush?
- Any unusual collections or obsessions you’d like to share with the group?
- WHAT…is your name? (or nickname…)
- WHAT…is your quest? (take this one any way you want)
- WHAT…is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (Seriously, what is it???)
- WHAT…is the movie I’m referring to? (if you don’t know, just tell us your favorite color and we can all move on.)
Well, there you have it! Get to it! Heyaw Mewls! *Whipish!*